Water is life
Water helps our body to:
- Keep temperature normal
- Lubricate and cushion joints
- Protect spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- Get rid of wastes through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements
Our body needs more water when we are:
- In hot climates
- More physically active
- Running a fever
- Having diarrhea or vomiting
5 tips to help you drink more:
- Have a beverage with every snack and meal.
- Choose beverages you enjoy; you’re likely to drink more liquids if you like the way they taste.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Their high-water content will add to your hydration.
- Keep a bottle of water with you in your car, at your desk, or in your bag.
- Choose beverages that meet your individual needs. If you’re watching calories, go for non-caloric beverages or water.
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)