The new normal in the workplace
Here are some tips on how to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 in your workplace:
- If you feel sick, go home
- Do not stay at your workplace when you are not feeling well. If you prefer to stay, you should avoid touching people, surfaces and objects should cover your mouth with a disposable tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the tissue in the bin.
- Keep physical distance but maintain social connection
- Keeping space between you and others is one of the best tools we have to avoid being exposed to Covid-19. Limit close contact with others outside your household in indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Use video conferencing and phone calls as much as possible
- Reduce face-to-face meeting with clients. Meetings can still take place where social distancing can occur.
- Workshop and training should be conducted online
- Learning must not stop with Covid-19. Training can be done in virtual platform to reduce the social connection with others.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer often
- Washing hands with soap and water whenever possible because handwashing reduces the amounts of all types of germs and chemicals on hands.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces every day, even if they are not visibly dirty. If they become visibly dirty, clean the surfaces. Wash frequently touched surfaces with a clean, reusable cloth or a disposable towel dipped in detergent and warm water.
- Return home early after work
- Avoid happy hours, club activities, and other small group gatherings after work.