Prof. Dr. Noraidah graduated from the Royal College of Dublin, Ireland in 1986 with MBBCh. BAO, LRCP & SI. She then pursued her studies in Master of Pathology (MPath) in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) in 1994. In 2007, she obtained D.Phil. (Oxon) from the University of Oxford.
Currently, Prof. Dr. Noraidah is a Visiting Consultant Pathologist (Histo and cytopathology) at Pantai Premier Pathology. Prof. Dr. Noraidah also leads the Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine (UKM) since 2013. Previously in 1986, she served Hospital Kuala Lumpur as a House Officer and Hospital Tuanku Jaafar, Seremban as a Medical Officer in 1987. Her interest in academic started in 1990 as a Trainee Lecturer in Faculty of Medicine, UKM. After obtaining her Master in Pathology in 1994, she served few government hospitals as an Anatomical Pathologist. Her wide interest has brought her to have a clinical attachment in Haematopathology, John Radcliffe Hospital in the University of Oxford, United Kingdom. In 2007, she completed her PhD thesis in Immunogenotypic studies of human lymphomas.
Her extensive experiences include:
- Co-Chairperson (Education Committee), College of Pathologists AM (Malaysia).
- Invited Lecturer for various local & international scientific symposiums and conferences.
- External Examiners for research studies in several universities and organiser of Professional courses & meetings.
- Vetting Panel for research proposals for MAKNA Cancer Research Awards and Research Grants by Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) Malaysia.
- Life member of College of Pathologists Academy of Medicine • Life Member of Royal College of Surgeon in Ireland Alumni
- Life member of University of Oxford Alumni • Member of European Association of Haematopathology
Till now, Prof. Dr. Noraidah has published more than 40 research publications, presenting of more than 27 studies and review of more than 9 scientific manuscripts.