Dr Krishnan obtained his MBBS in the year 1973 from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, India. He was appointed as a Medical Officer at the General Hospital, Kuala Terengganu from 1972 to 1976 in areas of Surgery, Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Dr Krishnan passed his degree of M. Path in 1979 from University of Malaya. Subsequently, he was appointed as a lecturer in the Department of Pathology at University of Malaya from 1979 to 1981.
Starting June 1982, Dr Krishnan became a Consultant Pathologist in several major private laboratories in Malaysia and has since gained more than 35 years of post-graduate experience as an Anatomic Pathologist. His positions held include:
- Appointed as Expert Consultant by the Ministry of Health for the state of Pulau Pinang for Pulau Pinang Hospital and Seberang Jaya Hospital.
- Permanent Member of the Tissue Audit Committee in Gleneagles Medical Center, Penang
- Practical Trainer/teacher in Anatomic Pathology for M. path Program in Hospital Pulau Pinang.
- Examiner in the Penang Medical College for MRCS (Irish) Examination
- Member of both the International Academy of Cytology (M.I.A.C) and the Academy of Medicine of Malaysia (A.M).
- Four publications ranging from local publications as well as international Medical Journals.
Contributed a chapter on the role of the laboratory in 2 editions of “Medicine for Malaysian layman” – a publication under the auspices of the MMA and Penang Medical Practitioner’s Society (PMPS).