Dr. Nik Azizah is a MBBS graduate of the University of Malaya in 1976. She also holds a Masters in Pathology (Malaya), Fellowship in Neuropathology (Yale) and Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists (UK).
Currently, Dr. Nik Azizah is a Laboratory Director of PPP Bangsar and Seremban. Her positions held include:
- Medical Officer in Pathology Department, University Hospital Malaysia.
- Trainee Lecturer in the Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya.
- Head and Consultant Pathologist at General Hospital, Kuala Lumpur.
- Visiting Fellow in Neuropathology and Orthopaedic Pathology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, United States of America.
- Visiting Fellow in Neuropathology, Yale University School of Medicine, Connecticut, United States of America.
- Visiting Fellow in Neuropathology, Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, United Kingdom.
- Advanced Histopathology, Post Graduates School of Medicine Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom.
Dr. Nik Azizah is also a member of the Academy of Medicine Malaysia, Malaysian Medical Association, Malaysian Society of Neuroscience and Malaysian Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.